My 3 year old has had a fever, vomiting,and complained of stomach pain has not eat what could this be?
Took him to er and they just gave him a antibiotic not sure it’s not a appendicitis
Answer by Navin V
from the symptoms you list appendicitis seems highly unlikely: fever and gradual onset of abdominal pain together with vomiting and reluctance to eat all indicate a tummy infection that has irritated the internal mucosal lining–Gastritis (if the intestines & bowels were also inflamed he would present with diarrhea rather than just vomiting).
Gastritis, especially in young children, is likely to arise from having eaten stale/contaminated food with bacteria growing on it. The antibiotic prescription is sound medical practice; please ensure that he completes the course with respect to dosage as well as duration (not doing so can make him prone to antibiotic-resistant bacteria in future).
Try giving him a very light diet with adequate fluids and salt (to avoid dehydration) for a day or two; re-introduce his favorite foods in small quantities thereafter. If his discomfort persists in the meantime, over-the-counter preparations like Digene (Gelusil) or Eno fruit salt etc. will help.
Consult your doctor if the symptoms do not diminish in two days, and keep a close watch on his eating habits (fresh, covered food, hand-wash before meals…) in future–prevention is better than cure!
All the best.
vomiting fever:My 3 year old has had a fever, vomiting,and complained of stomach pain has not eat what could this be?
- my 3 yr old has had a high fever, light vomiting, diarrhea, and runny nose for 4 days now.?
- My 2 year old daughter vomits and have a stomachache and slight fever? Could it be Stomach Virus?
- has anyone seen a case of stomach bug but no vomit and diarrhea?my toddler has fever and stomach pain-pladvice
- 4 year old child with diarrhea and intermittant vomiting x’s 3 weeks, no fever. last vomit mucus blood tinged?
- Vomiting that lasts for more than 5 days?
- Q&A: 4 year old toddler with stomach flu?
- stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and to top it off…severe weakness. what is this?
- Q&A: What can I ask the doc about nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, fatigue?
- Dengue Fever… Could I have it>?
- What disease(s) cause vomiting,diarrhea,and abdominal pain?
Permalink to : http://vomitdiarrhea.info/my-3-year-old-has-had-a-fever-vomitingand-complained-of-stomach-pain-has-not-eat-what-could-this-be.shtml