How long before vomiting and diarrhea become serious?
when do you call the dr or go to the hospital? we are talking 38 yr old man, not a child.
Answer by thickchick76
If the tongue is dry,this means severe dehydration.
Answer by wolfgame30
anything over 48 hrs id say… but going to the dr anytime is not a big deal.. just go now and get it over with
Answer by lola
its better to prevent that be sorry afterwrds so i recomend going to a doctor
Answer by southerngirl
Two or three days before severe dehydration sets in. If combined with a fever, it is evidence of an infection. I had all that going on for three days and I ended up in the hospital with a kidney infection that had spread to my blood stream, so go to the doctor sooner rather than later.
Answer by Tamborine
I’d be tempted to call the doctor after 24 hours. The biggest threat is dehydration. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids.
WebMD recommends 24 hours – here’s the link for more info
Answer by CARLA J
It is serious from the beginning, especially if you are vomiting blood. You only have so much fluid in your body, so after the initial “evacuation”, (unless you are crazy enough to go eating a heavy meal again…) you run the risk of dehydration. Dehydration depletes your body of vital minerals and nutrients which organs like the heart and liver need to function properly. If you cannot retain anything in your stomach for at least 24 hrs. you need to at least suck on ice, or drink small amounts of an electrolyte drink like Pediasure for kids to replace the potassium and magnesium your heart muscles need to keep working. If after 48 hrs. you are still vomiting and the diarrhea has gotten worse, you definitely need to go to the hospital. You may need an IV to stay alive. You can live for at least 72-96 hours without any food, but you need fluids, definitely.
Answer by Da ben dan
Not long…a body can seriously dehydrate quickly..get some medical help.
vomiting diarrhea children:How long before vomiting and diarrhea become serious?
- Q&A: Should I go to the ER, Please read!?
- What can I give my husband with gastrointestinitis… He has been vomiting and has had diarrhea for 12 hours?
- How long after vomiting can a child return to school?
- Vomiting that lasts for more than 5 days?
- Should I be concerned about my 12 yr olds reoccurring headaches and now vomiting and diarrhea?
- How long could you possibly be contagious? virus causes vomiting, fever for 24 hrs, diarrhea for 3 days?
- do you really need vomiting and diarrhea to have the swine flu?
- Uncontrollable vomiting, diarrhea like water, blurred vision, extreme headache?
- Low grade fever, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps…while 21 weeks pregnant?
- Q&A: Worried about the possibility of colon cancer?
Permalink to : http://vomitdiarrhea.info/how-long-before-vomiting-and-diarrhea-become-serious.shtml